Wednesday 3 November 2010

2 4 H O U R S O F P R A Y E R




Over 24 hours, from 9.30 a.m. on Saturday 18 September until 9.30
a.m. on the Sunday, the church was soaked in prayer even during the
middle of the night. A dedicated Prayer Room was set up in the lower
lounge and filled with scripture verses and other aids to prayer, as well
as art work on the theme of the Fruit of the Spirit by members of the IT
Club.



A total of thirty people signed up to pray in the Prayer Room for a
minimum of one hour, although on the day two folk were prevented
from turning up at their appointed
hours due to traffic congestion!
Nevertheless there was a
continuous chain of prayer over the
twenty-four hours. Some of those
present testified to the power of
God’s presence that filled the room.

Here are some responses from those
that took part:

Isaiah 43: 16a, 18-19, 20d-21: This
is what the Lord says – Forget the
former things, do not dwell on the
past. See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up, do you not
perceive it? I am making a way in
the desert and streams in the wasteland ... to give drink to my people,
my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my
praise.
***



I am a small piece in a wonderful big picture but though I am small I
am important in completing this beautiful picture and the Lord is
shaping and perfecting and honing me so
that I may enhance and fit perfectly into
His Kingdom. I am a child of God and a
disciple of Jesus Christ and filled with
energy by the Holy Spirit.

***

I didn’t attempt the jigsaw, but it did
make me think about how I am a small
part of God’s plan for the world. Too
often, especially as I struggle to make
time for God in a busy day, I am guilty of
seeing time with God as something which
has to be fitted into my plans.

***

I love the idea of the prayer room, and
have to say that one hour flies by. At
home I find too many distractions
whereas here I could focus 100% on the
Lord and was inspired by the different stimuli that were in the room. It
was a very uplifting experience. God didn’t speak to me in a vision or
anything else but he taught me how to be free in worship, how to come
out of restrictions that don’t allow me to live life to the full in Christ.

So thank you Lord for your freedom.


* NEXT 24 HOURS OF PRAYER: 09:30 27/11/10 — 09:30 28/11/10 *