Saturday 24 October 2009

Pedro González


My name is Pedro Gonzalez. I am 23 years old; I was born and grew up in a farm in the middle of the mountains in the south of Argentina, in El Bolsón, a little town on the border with Chile.

I come from a big family; we are 11 children, 6 boys and five girls. They are not Christians, but have very good values: I grew up seeing my Mom helping poor people, I lived among the poor. I was a poor child, but with one big difference, I was educated for my family. I never liked this kind of life, living around the suffering, I always wanted a different life. But that was not possible, because I started to participate in a Christian community, I have to confess that it was for a girl. But that was the first step toward Jesus life. And when I started to read about Him, my life changed! My paradigm changed, my outlook of the life changed; it changed for the Jesus paradigm, the same of my Mom has; love your neighbour as yourself. It was there when I could understand my Mom, and love the life that I had. A real life, dedicated to God’s kingdom and his justice.

The last year I realised that I belong to my home town, and I want to spend the rest of my life serving God there. Trying to help the poor to get education, as I got it.

Today I am in Edinburgh trying to still grow up in the God kingdom ethics, and trying to help Bristo Baptist Church in the extension of that kingdom.
Pedro González